||Emeritus Scientist and Ex-Dean
|Complete postal Address with city code
||2-2-1144/23/1 (MCH 250), New Nallakunta, Hyderabad - 500044, Telangana
QUALIFICATIONS: M.Sc., Ph.D., D.Sc. – only one from Andhra Pradesh, India. Age: 66 yrs (DOB- 01.01.1945).
EXPERIENCE: Educationist, dedicated teacher, committed researcher with academic excellence, dynamic administrator.
NATIVE PLACE: Vavilala, Karimnagar Dist, Andhra Pradesh, India. CASTE: Forward community
TEACHING: 36 years of dedicated teaching, Assistant Professor 1970-1980, Associate Professor 1980-1984, Professor 1984-2004, Emeritus Professor (CSIR) 2005-2009.
RESEARCH: Outstanding and excellent record, Guided 45 students for Ph.D. Research Publications (over 400). Conducted outstanding research in the field of Biodiversity, Taxonomy, Conservation and Biotechnology of Fungi, Medicinal Plants, Molecular Biology, Plant protection - utilized for the rural development.
POST DOCTORAL: 3-years-UK, USA, Germany and Canada, visited Thailand, Hungary, Netherlands, and China for attending conferences.
ADMINISTRATION: Rich experience of 20 years; served as Head, Department of Botany; Chairman, Board of Studies in Botany; Principal, University College of Science; Dean, UGC & Developmental Affairs; Chairman, P.G. Admissions. Contributed for the development of Higher Education, Infrastructure Development and brought huge funding from R & D organizations.
BOOKS AUTHORED AND EDITED – 21
NATIONAL AND STATE AWARDS:
Dr. E.K. Janaki Ammal national award, Ministry of Environment & Forests - 2006.
J.C. Bose Award, UGC, Hari Om Ashram Trust – 2001.
Birbal Sahni Medal, the Indian Botanical Society – 2000.
Scientist Award, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh – 2001.
Best Teacher Award, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh - 1995.
1. Dr. V. Agnihotrudu endowment lecture, University of Madras - 2009.
2. Dr. Mundkur memorial lecture award, IPS - 2007.
3. Dr. N. Prasad memorial lecture award, ISMPP - 2006-2007.
4. Dr. Saligram Sinha memorial lecture award, NASI - 2006.
5. Platinum Jubilee lecture award, ISCA - 2006.
6. Prof. A. Mahadevan endowment lecture, University of Madras, 2005.
1. Member, research advisory committee, Birbal Sahani Institute of Palaeobotany (DST), 1991-1996.
2. President, Botany Section, 89th Indian Science Congress, 2002.
3. President, Indian Phytopathological Society, 2002-2003.
4. President, Indian Botanical Society, 2007-2008.
5. Member management committee NBAIM, ICAR, New Delhi, 2007-2010.
6. President, Mycological society of India, 2009 – 2010.
7. Chairman, Research Advisory & Monitoring Committee (BSI & ZSI) MoEF, New Delhi, 2007‑2009.
8. Expert member to UGC, CSIR, DBT, DST, MoEF, ICAR, TERI, ICRISAT, UPSC, NAAC and others.
9. Member scientific advisory committee National Centre for Cell Science (DBT), Pune, 2009-2012.
10. Member, Research Advisory Committee, Directorate of Biological Control (ICAR), Bangalore, 2007-2010.
11. Advisor, Mycorrhiza Network, Tata Energy Research Institute, New Delhi, 2008-2011.
12. Member, Research Advisory Committee, Agharkar Research Institute (DST), Pune, 2009-2012.
13. Member, Advisory Committee for National Facility for Fungal Culture Collection, ARI, Pune, 2009-2012.
FELLOWSHIP OF ACADEMIES:
1. Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences, India.
2. Fellow of National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, 2007.
3. Fellow of the Indian Phytopathological Society.
4. Fellow of the Indian Botanical Society.
5. Fellow of the A.P Akademy of Sciences.
National and International seminars organized: National -12, International – 2; National seminars attended and chaired sessions, delivered invited lecturers – 120; International seminars/conferences attended – 5.
Discovered and described 12 new genera and 80 new species.