Sharda Lele Memorial Lecture Award - Guidelines
Name of the Award
Sharda Lele Memorial Lecture Award
Donor of the Award
Dr. V.C. Lele
Periodicity of the Award
The Award shall be made annually.
Purpose the Award
- To create incentive for research workers in the field of mycology and plant pathology.
- The award shall be made for significant basic or applied research leading to results of practical importance in the field of plant pathology preferably on “Diseases of Fruits and Vegetables”.
Administration of the Award
The Society shall have the right of selection of the recipient of the award.
Eligibility of the Award
IPS members, engaged in leading areas of plant pathology research throughout the country shall be eligible for the award.
Procedure for selection of Recipients
- Nominations will be invited by the Society for the award from the members of the Executive Committee (E.C.) of the Society. Nominations shall be accompanied by a bio-data indicating attainment of the candidate
- Nominations received will be scrutinized by a Screening Committee (SC) of three members constituted by E.C. which would include President, Immediate Past-Presidents of the Society
- If any member of the E.C. or SC is to be considered for the award, he/she shall cease to be a member of these committees
- After the acceptance of the recommendations of the Screening Committee by E.C., the award shall be announced
Presentation of the Award
The Society will inform the recipient of his selection and request him/her to deliver a lecture in the next annual meeting of the Society. The lecture will be printed in the journal Indian Phytopathology and should not exceed 15 printed pages.