Prof. Dastur Memorial Lecture Award - Guidelines
Name of the Award
Prof. Dastur Memorial Lecture Award
Donor of the Award
Dr. Y.R. Sarma, Former Director, Indian Institute of Spices Research, Calicut
Value of the Award
Tentatively interest of the endowment amount less overhead expenditure
Purpose of the Award
- To create incentive for research workers in the field of plant pathology to contain losses caused by the plant diseases
- The award shall be made for significant basic or applied research leading to results of practical importance in the field of plant pathology
Administration of the Award
The Society shall have the sole right of selection of the recipient of the award and of the formulation of rules governing such selection
Eligibility of the Award
All research workers engaged in the field of plant pathological research and/or teaching at all the Institutions throughout the country shall be eligible for the award
Procedure for selection of Recipients
- Nominations will be invited by the Society for the award from the members of the Executive Committee (E.C.) of the Society. Nominations shall be accompanied by a bio-data indicating attainment of the candidate.
- Nominations received will be scrutinized by a Screening Committee (SC) of three members constituted by E.C. of the Society.
- Member of the E.C. or SC will not be consider for the award.
- After the acceptance of the recommendations of the Screening Committee by E.C., the award shall be announced.
Presentation of the Award
The Award will be delivered annually in the Zonal Symposium of respective zones from which the awardee is selected by rotation among the zones. The awardee will be felicitated in the National Symposium.