M.K. Patel Memorial Young Scientist Award - Guidelines
Name of the Award
M.K. Patel Memorial Young Scientist Award
Donor of the Award
Dr. M.V. Desai
An amount of Rs. 1.5 Lakhs.
Value of the Award
Tentatively Biannual interest of the endowment amount less overhead expenditure.
Purpose of the Award
- To create incentive for research workers in the field of plant pathology to contain losses caused by the plant diseases
- The award shall be made for significant basic or applied research leading to results of practical importance in the field of plant pathology
Administration of the Award
The Society shall have the sole right of selection of the recipient of the award and of the formulation of rules governing such selection
Eligibility of the Award
The award proposed to be given annually to any individual in recognition of his/her professional contribution in Plant Pathology, is opened to the members of the Society who are not more than 40 years of age as on 31st December of the year. The work done for any degree or diploma shall not be considered within the purview of contribution for this award.
Procedure for selection of Recipients
- Nominations will be invited by the Society for the award from the members of the Executive Committee (E.C.) of the Society. Nominations shall be accompanied by a bio-data indicating attainment of the candidate
- Nominations received will be scrutinized by a Screening Committee (SC) of three members constituted by E.C. of the Society
- Members of the E.C. or SC will not be eligible for the award.
- After the acceptance of the recommendations of the Screening Committee by E.C., the award shall be announced
Presentation of the Award
The award will be given annually to any individual in recognition of his/her professional contribution in Plant Pathology and is open to the members of the Society who are not more than 40 years of age as on 31st December of the year. The award will be delivered in the Zonal Symposium of respective zones from which the awardee is selected by rotation among the zones. The awardee will be felicitated in the National Symposium.