IPS Best Women Scientist Award - Guidelines
Nature of the Award
D.P. Misra and R.N. Pandey IPS Best Women Scientist Award
Donor of the Award
Dr. R.N. Pandey, former Head, Plant Pathology, AAU, Anand
Value of the Award
Tentatively interest of the endowment amount less overhead expenditure (TA/DA, certificate and memento will be offered to awardee)
Periodicity of the Award
The award shall be made once in two years
Administration of the Award
The Society shall have the sole right of selection of the recipient of the award and of the formulation of rules governing such selection
Eligibility of the Award
i. Candidate should have atleast 10 years of Life Membership of the Society
ii. Holding permanent position
iii. No age limit for the candidate
IPS will invite applications for the different awards in two ways:
(i) Open Nomination: The members of the Society who wish to apply for award given by the Society can file their application. The application should be as per the format given by the Society which should be duly proposed and seconded by two Fellows of IPS. A fellow can propose/ recommend maximum of two candidates in a year. One member can apply for only one award during the same year.
(ii) EC Nomination: Nomination for the different awards given by the Society each year are invited by the Society from the members of the Executive Council (EC). EC nominees need not to be proposed and seconded by the fellows of the Society.
Procedure for selection of Recipients
- Nominations received will be preliminary scrutinized by the Screening Committee, which will select 5 names for further recommendation by the Judging Committee.
- Judging Committee will recommend one name for to the Secretary in a sealed envelope.
- Any member of the Society, who has filed his/her nomination for any award can not be the member of either Screening or Judging Committee during the year.
- Secretary, IPS will place the result before the EC for approval and subsequently in GB for declaration.
Presentation of the Award
- After the acceptance of the names (recommended by the Judging Committee) by the Executive Council, it will be reported to the General Body. The Society will inform the recipient of his/her selection and request him/her to deliver a lecture in the next annual meeting of the Society. The lecture be printed in the Journal (Indian Phytopathology) and it should be not exceed 15 printed pages.
- If a person selected for the lecture award is unable to deliver the lecture due to illness or other unavoidable circumstances during that year, he may deliver the lecture in the following year. However, the award will lapse, if he is unable to come for the lecture in the following year also.