IPS Best Teacher Award - Guidelines
Nature of the Award
B.N. Chakraborty and Usha Chakraborty IPS Best Teacher Award
Donor of the Award
Prof. B.N. Chakraborty, former Professor, Department of Botany, North Bengal University
Value of the Award
Tentatively interest of the endowment amount less overhead expenditure (TA/DA, certificate and memento will be offered to awardee)
Periodicity of the Award
The award shall be made annually
Administration of the Award
The Society shall have the sole right of selection of the recipient of the award and of the formulation of rules governing such selection
Eligibility of the Award
- Teachers/Scientists of minimum 50 years of age, holding permanent position and 10 years of IPS Life Membership.
- All teachers/ scientists are eligible provided they take an annual average of 32 (ICAR) and 96 (University) hours lectures per year in undergraduate/post-graduate in UGC recognized University/ Deemed to be University and have minimum of 10 years’ experience in teaching.
IPS will invite applications for the different awards in two ways:
(i) Open Nomination: The members of the Society who wish to apply for award given by the Society can file their application. The application should be as per the format given by the Society which should be duly proposed and seconded by two Fellows of IPS. A fellow can propose/recommend maximum of two candidates in a year. One member can apply for only one award during the same year.
(ii) EC Nomination: Nomination for the different awards given by the Society each year are invited by the Society from the members of the Executive Council (EC). EC nominees need not to be proposed and seconded by the fellows of the Society.
Procedure for selection of Recipients
- Nominations received will be preliminary scrutinized by the Screening Committee, which will select 5 names for further recommendation by the Judging Committee.
- Judging Committee will recommend one name for to the Secretary in a sealed envelope.
- Any member of the Society, who has filed his/her nomination for any award can not be the member of either Screening or Judging Committee during the year.
- Secretary, IPS will place the result before the EC for approval and subsequently in GB for declaration.
Presentation of the Award
- After the acceptance of the names (recommended by the Judging Committee) by the Executive Council, it will be reported to the General Body. The Society will inform the recipient of his/her selection and request him/her to receive the award in the next annual meeting of the Society.
- If a person selected for the lecture award is unable to receive the award due to illness or other unavoidable circumstances during that year, he/she may receive the award in the following year. However, the award will lapse, if he/she is unable to come to receive the award in the following year also.