Dr. S.P. Raychaudhuri Memorial Lecture - Guidelines
Name of the Award
Dr. S.P. Raychaudhuri Memorial Lecture
Value of the Award
Felicitation with memento, citation, shawl and to & fro maximum economic air fare with accommodation. The award does not carry any cash prize.
Periodicity of the Award
The award shall be made annually
Purpose of the Award
- To felicitate the scientist, who actually contributed to Society and Science.
- To promoted and encourage the source of plant pathology in the country.
Administration of the Award
The Society shall have the sole right of selection of the recipient of the award and of the formulation of rules governing such selection
Eligibility of the Award
- Age: more than 50 years
- Should have made tangible contribution to the science especially in the field of crop protection and also to the Society
Procedure for selection of Recipients
- Nominations will be invited by the Society for the award from the members of the Executive Committee (E.C.) of the Society. Nominations shall be accompanied by a bio-data indicating attainment of the candidate
- Nominations received will be scrutinized by a Screening Committee (SC) of three members constituted by E.C.
- If any member of the E.C. or SC is to be considered for the award, he/she shall cease to be a member of these committees
- After the acceptance of the recommendations of the Screening Committee by E.C., the award shall be offered
Presentation of the Award
The award lecture shall be delivered on the occasion of birthday of Prof. S.P. Raychaudhuri on 21st July every year in the Division of Plant Pathology, IARI, New Delhi. The award lecture shall be printed separately and distributed at the time of presentation.