APS Travel Sponsorship for Ph.D. Students - Guidelines
An APS-IPS Collaborations memorandum of understanding (MoU) between the American Phytopathological Society (APS) and the Indian Phytopathological Society (IPS) was signed during IPS 6th International Conference held at New Delhi on Feb 23, 2016, to facilitate mutually beneficial interactions through scientific exchanges and sharing of science by joint memberships and professional interactions.
In the agreement, APS Travel Sponsorship for Students was instituted. The purpose of this award is to encourage plant pathology students pursuing a doctoral degree in India, who are members of IPS, to attend the APS Annual Meeting or other APS sanctioned meeting if deemed appropriate by the Indian Phytopathology Society and APS Foundation Board. The award has been established with contributions from Plant Pathologists of Indian Origin. Students will compete at the zonal competitions in India, and the awardee will be chosen from the top student presenters at these zonal competitions.
The terms and conditions for participating in APS meeting is as follows:
- The fund will reimburse the awardee directly by APS for return airfare from India to the meeting venue, accommodation and incidentals.
- The awardee is expected to bear the cost of meeting registration.
- There will be no financial liability of the IPS.
- All the contestant/recipients should be the member of the Society during the year of presentation.
- The contestants will have to give a brief biodata, the certificate furnishing the age proof and proof of pursuing Ph.D. (First to Third year only) and one page a short paragraph, stating how participation in the APS meeting will lead toward achievement of their professional goals.
- The award will be given to the best paper presented at Annual Meeting of IPS.
- The awards will be judged by a committee appointed for the purpose and their decision will be final.
- The award will be given only to the Ph.D. Student presenting the paper.
- The time for the award shall be 15 minutes.
- In service candidates are not eligible for this APS travel award